Despite the fact that smoothies are usually cold, often even with frozen fruit, which gives them a distinctive structure, this time I wanted something warm. With the addition of protein and lots of healthy fats, a warm protein banana-sunflower seed smoothie has become a great post-workout meal when it is important to get your body back on energy quickly.
The recipe is vegan, gluten-free and low in carbohydrates. The amount is suitable for one meal of a person who is athletically active.
– 30 g sunflower seed butter.
– 120 g banana (1 banana).
– 200 g unsweetened almond drink.
– 25 g pea protein.
– 2 g cinnamon.
1. Melt sunflower seed butter in a pan.
2. Cut the banana into rolls and add it to the melted butter.
3. While stirring, cook for a few minutes to soften the banana and break it into smaller pieces.
4. Add the almond drink and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Pour the mixture into a blender, add the pea protein and cinnamon and mix.
6. Pour into a bowl and garnish as desired (e.g. with coconut chips, chia seeds, goji berries).
– Sunflower seed butter can be replaced with almond butter, cashew butter, peanut butter or tahini.
– Almond drink can be replaced with another plant-based drink, e.g. soy, rice, oats, or cow’s milk.
– Pea proteins can be replaced with other proteins, e.g. whey, rice.
– If you want a thinner smoothie, add more plant-based drink, milk or water. If you want a thicker smoothie, add more protein or bananas.
– Cinnamon can be replaced with other spices, cacao, maca or matcha.
– Energy value 476 kcal.
– Fats 24.9 g (of which saturated fats 2.6 g).
– Carbohydrates 30 g (of which sugars 14.5 g).
– Dietary fiber 6.6 g.
– Protein 32.6 g.