Chickpea burgers are vegetable burgers that are easy to prepare and delicious to put on the table.
The recipe is gluten free and vegan. Serve them as a side dish for two to something protein-based, e.g. meat, tofu or fish. They can be also used as a standalone meal on the go, as they are delicious both hot and cold.
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight and then cook.
2. Grind sesame and flax seeds into flour.
3. Cut carrots and peppers and put them in a blender together with chickpeas and corn.
4. Stir until a uniform mixture is obtained.
5. Add ground sesame and flax seeds.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 180 degrees.
– If the ingredients do not bind together during mixing, add up to three tablespoons of water, which the seeds will absorb. In principle, this is not necessary, as the “wetness” of the vegetables is sufficient.
– Energy value 612 kcal.
– Fat 29.1g (of which saturated fat 3.5g).
– Carbohydrates 67.8g (of which sugars 14.6g).
– Dietary fiber 3.6g.
– Protein 26.4g.