This is another idea for a mixture of vegetables with the addition of meat, a salad or so called salad/vegetable bowl. The ingredients themselves are nothing special, but in combination they work great – especially with hummus dressing from homemade hummus.
The recipe is gluten-free and low in carbohydrates. The quantity is suitable for three people for lunch or dinner.
– 500 g chicken breast.
– Spices, e.g. curry, turmeric.
– 300 g lettuce, e.g. iceberg.
– 270 g carrots.
– 270 g cabbage.
– 280 g corn.
– 160 g homemade hummus with curry.
– 30 ml of water.
– 5 g sesame seeds for sauce + 5 g for sprinkling.
1. At least one hour before cooking, cut the meat into cubes, season with curry and turmeric and let the meat soak in the spices.
2. Wash and shred the lettuce and place it in a salad bowl.
3. Cut carrots and cabbage into strips.
4. Add the cabbage and corn to the salad.
5. Simmer the carrots for 5 minutes.
6. When the carrots are soft enough for your taste, transfer them to the salad bowl, and bake the meat in the same pan.
6. Mix hummus with 30 ml of water, sesame, curry and turmeric to make a dressing that you pour over the salad.
7. Top the salad with roasted chicken breasts and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
– Serve with crispy bread.
– Use purchased or homemade hummus.
– To make a meal vegan, replace the meat with tofu or simply omit it, as already the salad itself is rich in flavour. If you opt for a salad as a standalone dish without meat or tofu, the quantities are enough for two people.
– Energy value 1,481 kcal.
– Fats 50.9 g (of which saturated fats 8 g).
– Carbohydrates 110.7 g (of which sugars 53.8 g).
– Dietary fiber 22.2 g.
– Protein 149.6 g.