Red lentils with peppers in coconut cream is a simple lunch that only takes 15 minutes and one pot.
The recipe is gluten free and vegan. It can be used for three-person lunch, or we prepare it for one person and eat one third immediately, and the rest divide between dinner and lunch the next day.
– 250 g red pepper.
– 180 g green pepper.
– 200 g red lentils.
– Spices, e.g. curry, turmeric, lemongrass, ground chilli.
– 400 ml light coconut milk.
– 200 g soy spread with vegetables and herbs.
– 40 g soy isolate.
1. Wash the red lentils and wash and slice the peppers.
2. Put red lentils, sliced peppers and spices in a pan.
3. Drizzle with coconut milk and cook covered for about 10 minutes (depending on the lentils).
4. Add the soy spread and soy isolate and mix the ingredients evenly.
– Instead of red lentils we can use green lentils, but the cooking time will be longer.
– Instead of soy spread we can use hummus – purchased hummus or homemade hummus.
– Soy isolate can be omitted – it is added due to increase protein content in the dish.
– Energy value 1.666 kcal.
– Fats 64 g (of which saturated fats 27.1 g).
– Carbohydrates 152.3 g (of which sugars 21.5 g).
– Dietary fiber 12.6 g.
– Protein 113.8 g.