Red cabbage with chickpeas, hummus and a vegetable burger is a plant-based lunch. It comes in especially handy in the fall season when red cabbage is seasonal on the menu.
The recipe is gluten free and vegan. Depending on the needs, it can be lunch of two or three people. It can be served next to a bowl of lettuce or a side dish of your choice to get a family lunch.
– 100 g chickpeas.
– 500 g red cabbage.
– 100 g hummus.
– Spices, e.g. cayenne pepper, pepper, ground coriander.
– 230 g vegetable burgers or patties (2 pieces).
1. Soak the chickpeas overnight and cook them the next day.
2. Stew the cabbage in a covered pan to soften it, and stir in the chickpeas and hummus.
3. Add the spices and cook covered over medium heat for 5 minutes. If necessary, add water so that the bottom of the pan is not dry.
4. Meanwhile, cut the vegetable burger into cubes and add to the pan.
5. Cook for another 5 minutes in a covered pan and serve.
– The recipe uses purchased vegetable burgers, but you can also prepare them yourself.
– Energy value 1,414 kcal.
– Fats 69.4 g (of which saturated fats 4.2 g).
– Carbohydrates 129.3 g (of which sugars 11.3 g).
– Dietary fiber 11 g.
– Protein 69 g.