Pumpkin Soup with pumpkin dumplings is a must-try for all vegetable soup lovers. The soup requires only three ingredients, i.e. pumpkin meat, spices and water; however, for a creamy flavour a cream can be added. Moreover, “dumplings” made from just two ingredients are a great add-on, as well. The dumplings can also be used in beef/chicken soup.
The recipe is gluten free and vegan. Enjoy it with one more person for lunch.
INGREDIENTS for pumpkin soup:
– 600g pumpkin.
– 400ml water.
– 200ml soy cream.
– 100g onions.
– 20g pumpkin seeds.
– Spices, e.g. white pepper, cayenne pepper, minced garlic.
INGREDIENTS for dumplings:
– 180g basil tofu.
– 30g pumpkin seed flour.
1. Fry the onion and spices in the pan.
2. Add the pumpkin, 400ml of water and cook over medium heat for ten minutes.
3. Mix the soup with a stick blender.
4. Stir in the soy cream and cook for another five minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the dumplings, blending the sliced tofu in a blender with pumpkin seed flour. Shape into dumplings.
6. Add the dumplings to the soup and cook for five minutes.
7. Meanwhile, bake the pumpkin seeds in a saucepan and sprinkle them over the top of the soup.
– We can use Hokkaido or spaghetti pumpkin.
– Other tofu can be used instead of basil tofu.
– If you want thicker dumplings, add 10g of gold flaxseed flour to the mass.
– Eenergy value 1.006 kcal.
– Fat 61,3g (of which saturated fat 24g).
– Carbohydrates 83g (of which sugars 14,1g).
– Dietary fiber 16,5g.
– Protein 62,4g.