Oven-baked red smoked ham curry is a version of this traditional Thai dish with a Slovenian touch.
The recipe is gluten-free, and the quantity suitable for dinner of two.
– 300 g cooked smoked ham.
– 300 g green peppers.
– 140 g red peppers.
– 200 ml coconut milk.
– 100 g carrots.
– 50 g sushi rice.
– 50 g red curry paste.
1. Cut green and red peppers into strips and carrots into rings.
2. Simmer the vegetables together with curry paste for 5 minutes.
3. Cut the smoked ham and add it to the vegetables.
4. Add the sushi rice and cook covered over medium heat for 10 minutes. If necessary, add water.
5. Meanwhile, prepare a baking tray with baking paper, on which you transfer the half-cooked curry.
6. Pour the coconut milk over curry and place in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
– Another type of meat can be used instead of smoked ham. We had smoked ham leftovers after grapes picking; therefore, I used it.
– We use sushi rice because it cooks better into the dish. Also white, basmati or black rice can be used and the cooking time adapted accordingly.
– Baking step in the oven can be skipped and consequently increase the cooking time by an additional 5-10 minutes.
– Energy value 963 kcal.
– Fats 40.6 g (of which saturated fats 28.5 g).
– Carbohydrates 91.2 g (of which sugars 20.2 g).
– Dietary fiber 5.7 g.
– Protein 63.1 g.