Why would you always eat curry as a main dish and rice as a side dish to it? Would not it be good to prepare both in one for a change? What if we finish the preparation of this curry by baking it in the oven? Oven-baked red chicken curry takes into account all of the above, which gives the dish its own charm.
Check also the recipe for red curry with smoked ham from the oven, which is a version of this traditional Thai dish with a Slovenian touch.
The recipe is gluten-free, and the quantity suitable for lunch of two.
– 450 g chicken breast.
– 140 g green peppers.
– 140 g yellow peppers.
– 140 g red peppers.
– 200 ml coconut milk.
– 50 g sushi rice.
– 50 g red curry paste.
1. Cut the chicken breasts into cubes and marinate them in a curry paste overnight.
2. Cut the peppers into strips and the carrots into rings.
3. Bake the chicken from all sides.
4. Add the peppers, rice. and water (100-200 ml). Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare a baking tray with baking paper, on which you transfer the half-cooked curry.
5. Pour the coconut milk over curry and place in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
– Another type of meat can be used instead of chicken breast.
– We use sushi rice because it cooks better into the dish. Also white, basmati or black rice can be used and the cooking time adapted accordingly.
– Baking in the oven can be skipped and consequently increase the cooking time by an additional 5-10 minutes.
You can skip the baking step in the oven and consequently increase the cooking time by an additional 5-10 minutes.
– Energy value 1.111 kcal.
– Fats 37.2 g (of which saturated fats 23.6 g).
– Carbohydrates 76.9 g (of which sugars 10.3 g).
– Dietary fiber 4.3 g.
– Protein 119.9 g.