It is a challenge to find an ice cream on the market that is without added sugar or other unwanted ingredients; therefore, I prefer to make it myself at home. This time I tried a mixture with cashew butter, which gives the ice cream a full and creamy taste.
The recipe is gluten free and low in carbohydrates. Ice cream can be eaten as a snack after a workout or during the day. From the quantities below, you get two ice cream mice.
1. Melt cashew butter and coconut oil over a steam.
2. Add honey and vanilla to the butter and oil.
3. Pour the mixture into silicone molds.
4. Garnish with crushed and whole walnuts.
5. Store in freezer for a few hours before serving.
– The recipe can be made vegan by replacing honey with another liquid sweetener, e.g. maple, rice or agave syrup.
– Energy value 641 kcal.
– Fats 43.7 g (of which saturated fats 13 g).
– Carbohydrates 50.7 g (of which sugars 43.3 g).
– Dietary fiber 0.1 g.
– Protein 12 g.