Eggplant moussaka is a simple and popular dish. You could say that this is a healthier version of lasagna, as we do not use pasta, and in addition, we avoid a larger amount of carbohydrates with eggplant instead of potatoes in traditional moussaka.
The recipe is gluten free. The quantity is suitable as a lunch for 3 people, but you can divide it into lunch and dinner and thus save time in preparing dinner.
– 500 g minced meat.
– 300 g of tomato puree.
– 160 g of eggplant.
– 100 g sour cream.
– 85 g onions.
– 70 g green peppers.
– 1 egg.
– 2 cloves of garlic.
– Spices, e.g. black pepper, Himalayan salt, minced garlic.
1. Fry the onion and garlic.
2. Add the minced meat and fry it on all sides.
3. Cut the green pepper into cubes and add it to the meat.
4. Add spices.
5. Add the tomato puree and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cut the eggplant lengthwise into thin slices and prepare the “dressing”, for which we mix the sour cream, egg and spices.
7. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place one layer of eggplant slices on it.
8. Place the first layer of meat on the eggplant, cover it with another layer of eggplant and meat.
9. After the second meat layer, we can add another layer of eggplant, if we have any left, or pour the topping.
10. Bake for 60 minutes at 180 degrees.
– As a tomato puree, we can take mashed or one with pieces of tomato – depending on the taste.
– Energy value 1,602 kcal.
– Fat 117.1 g (of which saturated fat 1.8 g).
– Carbohydrates 40 g (of which sugars 22.5 g).
– Dietary fiber 8.2 g.
– Protein 99.6 g.