I always want to have an “emergency snack” in the kitchen if I run out of time to prepare something nutritious. So, I am safe whenever I have some cravings. I also take prepared food with me to practice to eat something after the activity if its type require immediate meal. The cashew loaf cake is soft and creamy because of the cashew butter, and the whole cashews give it a touch of crunchiness.
The recipe is vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free and low in carbs. The quantity is suitable for three breakfasts of a person who is actively sporting. It is also suitable for multiple snacks after practice.
– 150 ml soy drink.
– 120 g bananas (1 banana).
– 100 g cashew butter.
– 50 g pea protein.
– 30 g gluten-free oats.
– 30 g almond flour.
– 30 g cashews.
– 20 g of desiccated coconut.
– 10 g chia seeds.
– 2-3 g cinnamon.
1. Soak chia seeds in two tablespoons of water to make chia egg.
2. Ground oats in a blender to get a consistency of a flour.
3. Transfer the oats to a large bowl and add the almond flour, pea protein, desiccated coconut and cinnamon.
4. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients, i.e. soy drink, banana, cashew butter and chia seeds.
5. Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients. The mixture is very thick.
6. Stir in whole cashews, which can be crushed into smaller pieces.
7. Transfer the mixture to a bread pan lined with baking paper.
8. Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.
– Cashew butter can be replaced with almond butter, hazelnut butter, or tahini. In this case, whole cashews can also be replaced with other nuts/seeds. However, the butter and the type of nuts/seeds do not have to match – adjust the ingredients to your taste.
– Soy drink can be replaced with another vegetable drink, e.g. almond, rice, oat, or cow’s milk.
– Pea proteins can be replaced with other proteins, e.g. whey, rice.
– Cinnamon can be replaced with other spices or cacao, maca, matcha.
– An egg can be used instead of chia seeds.
– Energy value of 1,479 kcal.
– Fat 84.9 g (of which saturated fat 23.8 g).
– Carbohydrates 113.5 g (of which sugars 28.3 g).
– Dietary fiber 10.5 g.
– Protein 60.5 g.